At Block.one, we believe in the power of open-source collaboration and discovery, where community participants have the freedom to ideate, govern, and build freely.
Since EOSIO’s inception, Block.one has consciously avoided serving as a centralizing force for any public implementation of the EOSIO software. In doing so, we believe we not only protect the decentralized integrity of these networks, but also highlight the naturally developing innovation. Our role has been to inspire and challenge innovators to push the boundaries of EOSIO technology, promoting compliance and decentralization to ensure EOS and other EOSIO-based assets remain accurately classified as decentralized commodities. This approach has worked, and we believe it will continue to be in the best interest of the decentralized communities that have adopted the EOSIO open-source software.
To date, our focus has been a multi-pronged approach to:
- Develop and deliver EOSIO: A high-performance open-source blockchain software that is free for both commercial and non-commercial implementations by any private or public individual or entity. It is broadly used by leading companies, governments, and public chains around the world, offering faster, cheaper, and more scalable blockchain capabilities.
- Invest in the EOSIO ecosystem: Through direct investments and partner funds, we’ve invested in over 140 projects, and continue to look for opportunities leveraging EOSIO developer communities, and the EOS Public Blockchain.
- Support Emerging Innovators: The development of EOSIO and EOS related grants to empower valuable early-stage projects that may not meet the requirements of traditional VC investments. Our hackathons, developer webinars and educational videos are part of our goal to promote awareness, interest, and engagement in EOSIO capabilities.
- Develop EOSIO infrastructure: The continued development of EOSIO tools, documentation, development environments, and open source wallet software to drive growth and adoption of the EOSIO software.
- Incubate new businesses: Build businesses leveraging EOSIO and EOS-based applications designed to more widely impact retail users, while demonstrating and utilizing the capabilities of the EOSIO software and the EOS Public Blockchain.
Over the last three years we have watched the EOS community and network evolve, and we have put a great deal of consideration into how we can leverage our own EOS token holdings to help further fuel the network’s growth.
We are now looking at a series of transactions that we hope will empower the EOS network to bring new participants and opportunities into the ecosystem, bootstrap new and exciting decentralized governance initiatives, and increase the liquidity of EOS-based projects.
Today we are pleased to announce that we have agreed to transfer 45 million EOS tokens to Helios.
Led by Brock Pierce, Helios takes aim at serving the EOS community through several high ambitions, including creating an EOS Venture Capital fund, facilitating the creation of institutional-grade EOS financial products, supporting the creation of infrastructure, tooling and documentation for developers, and organizing community events around education, networking, and use case development.
We are excited by this next chapter of EOS’ evolution and the increasing public engagement and innovations within the EOS community.
We will keep the community updated with more information on our additional initiatives in the coming weeks.
Important: All material is provided subject to this important notice and you must familiarize yourself with its terms. The notice contains important information, limitations and restrictions relating to our software, publications, trademarks, third-party resources and forward-looking statements. By accessing any of our material, you accept and agree to the terms of the notice.