- 上周，数字资产投资共流出2700万美元，其中主要集中在比特币上，比特币流出2870万美元，以太坊流入90万美元。Short Bitcoin流入1百万，其它如Solana，Cardano和Ripple分别流入20万、10万、10万。
- Coinstack Research报道，北美最大的29个加密风投基金目前的资产管理规模（AUM）已经达到398.8亿。区位来看，这20个独角兽基金（资金规模超过10亿的）有13个在旧金山，4个位于纽约（排名第二）。
- (2022年 8月26日)上周五，美联储重申其在央行年会提出的强硬立场之后 ，美国股市大跌。杰罗姆·鲍威尔强调，下一次会议中，“利率还可能会有巨大的上调。”鲍威尔暗示美联储对过早放松政策持谨慎态度，在一段时间内他们还将保持相对保守的政策。
- 块链安全公司Peckshield报告，一起针对Cream Finance的攻击事件大概造成了1880万的损失。Cream Finance确认了该攻击，并说他们“暂停在AMP上的供应和借贷。”
- Roche Freedman律师事务所的联合创始人Kyle Roche申请退出几个案子的律师工作。先前该事务所高调地对加密行业发起集体诉讼之后一时声名显赫。Roche退出的几个案子包括针对币安、BitMex、Tether和Tron的集体诉讼。
- 美国总检察长Karl Racine发推说哥伦比亚特区已经因税务问题起诉Michael Saylor。Racine还说，他们还起诉MicroStrategy“帮他逃税”。
The Bullish Insights Weekly Market Recap includes curated industry news and analysis from the Bullish team for the week of August 29, 2022.
This week’s peak trade volume (24h): September 2, 2022, $748,046,381
Crypto market highlights
- The correlation between Bitcoin and US stock indices saw a short-term decoupling trend from August 15, through to August 25. BTC’s correlation to the Nasdaq 100 and S&P 500 began dipping below 0.83 in the period with August 25 marking the lowest correlation, month-to-date at 0.47 and 0.32, respectively.
- Last week, digital asset investment total flows saw $27mn worth of outflows. Bitcoin saw the majority of outflows at $28.7mn and Ethereum saw inflows of $0.9mn. Short Bitcoin saw inflows of $1mn, while other assets like Solana, Cardano and Ripple saw inflows of $0.2mn, $0.1mn and $0.1mn respectively.
- The top 20 crypto VCs in North America currently have an aggregate AUM of $39.88bn, according to Coinstack Research. By location, 13 out of these 20 “Unicorn VCs” (AUM of $1bn+) are based in San Francisco, while New York comes in second with 4 out of 20 VCs based there.
- While Ethereum saw a rise in the volume of futures contracts in the month of August, Bitcoin, conversely saw a 21-month low in Bitcoin Futures volume, below $1tn.
- As the Merge approaches, Santiment data indicates that ETH supply held by the top 10 non-exchange wallets has been trending down, while supply held by top exchange wallets has observed an increase in ETH deposited.
Macro market highlights
- (26/08/2022) US equity markets took a tumble in last Friday’s trading session after the Fed reiterated its hawkish stance at the Jackson Hole address. Jerome Powell highlighted that “another unusually large increase could be appropriate” at the next meeting. In his address, Powell hinted that the Fed was cautious about prematurely loosening policy and may maintain a restrictive policy stance for some time. The S&P 500 was down by 3.3%, the Dow fell by 3.0% and the Nasdaq Composite tumbled by 3.9%.
- (01/09/2022) Tough start to September with US equity markets edging lower for the fourth consecutive day. The S&P 500 fell by 0.8%, the Dow was down by 0.9% and the Nasdaq Composite fell by 0.6%.
- (02/09/2022) US equity markets broke out of a four-day losing streak in Thursday’s trading session as initial jobless claims data indicated a decrease by 5,000 to 232,000. The S&P 500 rose by 0.3%, the Dow was up by 0.5% and the Nasdaq Composite fell by 0.3%.
- Facebook and Instagram announced that users will now be able to post their NFTs once they connect their digital wallet to the app. Current wallet connections include Coinbase Wallet and Dapper across 100 countries throughout Africa, Asia-Pacific, the Americas, and the Middle East. (Source: Meta)
- Blockchain security firm Peckshield unveiled an exploit on Cream Finance leading to an estimated loss of ~$18.8mn. Cream Finance confirmed the attack and has cited that they were “pausing supply and borrow on AMP.”
- Kyle Roche, founding partner at Roche Freedman, a law firm that made the spotlight after bringing high- profile class action lawsuits in the crypto industry, has filed to withdraw as counsel from several cases. Class action suits against firms like Binance, BitMex, Tether and Tron have been withdrawn by Roche.
- Crypto.com has allegedly backed out of its $495mn sponsorship deal with the European Champions League (UEFA)
- Attorney General Karl Racine has tweeted that the District of Columbia is suing Michael Saylor for tax fraud. Racine also stated that they will also be suing MicroStrategy for “..conspiring to help him evade taxes…”
To receive daily market updates, subscribe to our Bullish Insights Telegram channel.